Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile. We're not quantified; there's no chart of desire. When the roaring flames of your heart have burned down to embers, may you find that you have married your best friend. [Steven Tyler]

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Playing with Photoshop Elements

Just a very quick post this evening as I've spent the last few hours playing around with photographs and Photoshop Elements, just brushing up on resizing, adding text, digital brushes, frames and a couple of other things I wanted to get to grips with. It took me a while to figure out how create a frame around the edge of my photograph but perseverance payed off, I even managed to alter the opacity. I quite surprised myself with how much I've remembered, specially as I haven't done much in PSE over the past year.

Why am I playing with Photoshop? Well, I thought I'd better re-acquaint myself with the basics as I've signed up for a Photoshop course which starts this weekend. The lovely Carrie Anne sent me the details and I couldn't resist. And talking of Carrie, she has some really fantastic downloads that she's giving away entirely FREE on her blog! All you have to do is to sign up to her Newsletter and she'll send you the downloads. They are brilliant to use in your artwork and they are all authentic images from Carrie's personal collection of ephemera.


This is a little album I made some time ago using a Tim Holtz Sizzix dye to make the covers and pages. I was really pleased with how it turned out and I embellished the front with Prima flowers, stamps, adhesive gems and punched-out butterflies. Now all I have to do is fill it up.... with something!

I've been creating some new tags over the last week, I just have to get some photographs taken and then I'll show you what I've been playing with. If the sun shines tomorrow I'll get the camera out!

Enjoy the weekend...... Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

craftimamma said...

Clever girl Lynn! I loved that little album when you first showed us and still do. Hope we get to see what you eventually fill it with.

Can't wait to see your tags as they are always the best tags around in my opinion. BTW Judith finished her tag canvas from last year's retreat and blogged it yesterday. It looks great. Now I need to get mine out and finished.

Have a fab time on your course this weekend. If you post again this week and I don't comment for a few days it's because we are going away to Wales for the week so I'll pop by when I get home.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

erasercarver said...

Oooooh, love what you've been creating with PSE, very nice. I'm looking forward to the course, should be good and you can always learn something new :)
Look forward to seeing your tags when you get a chance to photograph them.

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Lynn, love the look of your album, and the edges of your photograph look fabulous. I'm looking forward to seeing your tags. Hugs, Judith xx

judithw said...

well done Lynn, fabulous as usual. I am off to take a leaf out of Jills book and get rid of some anger.
See you later.
Love Judith x

Unknown said...

That's nice but If you share a photoshop tutorials it may help to learn.Although your post is awesome and I am impressed.